Vacancies and Opportunities
Welcome to the Family AIDS Caring Trust (F.A.C.T) vacancies and opportunities page.
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR GIS TRAINING CONSULTANCY: FACT Children Tariro Project
ABOUT Family AIDS Caring Trust
Family AIDS Caring Trust is a Christian based national development non-profit making and Private Voluntary Organization whose Vision is: Healthy communities, A Healthy Nation.
MISSION: To improve health and reduce poverty among people affected by HIV and related issues in Zimbabwe and beyond.
Background and Rationale of Geographical Information Systems Training.
Children Tariro seeks for the services of an independent consultant to train and give practical guide for using a geographic information system (GIS) to integrate, visualize, and analyse geographically-referenced data extracted from the Demographic and other key data sets of the CT program to facilitate monitoring and evaluation (M&E) of HIV/AIDS and related health programs.
FACT’s Children Tariro (CT) Project seeks to mitigate the impact of HIV and AIDS on Zimbabwe’s children by enhancing care and support services for OVC. The CT project has been providing a critical continuum of care and is earmarked to contribute to epidemic control through social-economic interventions that reduce vulnerability to HIV/AIDS. It strategically complements the four pillars of the National Action Plan for Orphans and vulnerable children which seek to strengthen children, their families and government to provide comprehensive care and supportive environment for children.
Objectives of Geographical Information Systems Training
The GIS Training is ultimately intended to build the capacity of specific M & e staff to effectively enhance the organisation data management and reporting abilities.
The specific objectives of the Geographical Information Systems training are:
- Define a GIS and articulate the value of using a GIS to integrate, visualize, and analyse program data.
- Differentiate the primary uses of several free and open source GIS software options.
- Explain the fundamentals of geographic data, including the shapefile format.
- Install Quantum GIS (latest version) on all computers used for the training
- Installation of Garmin GPS Software
- Installation of Custom Android GPS Mapping Module
- Introduction to Geographic Information Systems - Including an overview of open source GIS
- Getting familiar with Quantum GIS, Garmin Software and Android Mapping Software
- Working with spatial and attribute data (geo database)
- Map Projections and Coordinate Systems
- Basic Global positioning systems
- Symbolizing & Labelling features
- Field (spatial) data collection techniques
- Geospatial Data Gathering
- Converting field data into a map
By the end of the training,trainees should be able to:
- Use GPS to mark specific points and upload GPS data into the GIS (Trainer to Provide 6 x Garmin GPSs for Training)
- Categorize Raster and Vector data.
- Geo-reference the maps and the new uploaded layers.
- Edit graphic aspects and add information on the maps likeward and village names.
- Measuring distance and surface.
- Add layers.
- Add to pographic information.
- Publish/print maps with title,scale and legend.
- Understand the openSources of GIS and be able to perform a download.
- The Training is anticipated to start on the 13th to 15 May 2019
- Consultants Profile
- The Lead consultant must have the following qualifications/specifications:
- Advanced degree (at least Masters level) in Geographical Information Systems or any relevant qualification
- Knowledge in OVC and HIV/AIDS NGO programming.
- Good command of the following languages English and Shona
- Proven experience in conducting GIS Trainings
- Knowledge in data analysis
National consultants/firms interested in conducting the assignment are invited to present their proposals, which consist of a detailed technical offer including:
- their understanding of the TOR
- a suggested methodology to be applied
- a proposed time schedules
- CVs of the persons involved in the evaluation with their roles & responsibilities
- references on similar assignments already conducted
- and a detailed budget
- To Apply
- Interested and qualified applicants should send an application not later than 08/05/2019 C.O.B email to email@example.com